[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] Application and Information form for participation in theNCDNHC

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Thu Oct 4 07:22:54 CEST 2001

Comments for Kent below

Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 08:07:46AM +0200, Dany Vandromme wrote:
> > To be consistent with the current charter, and avoid any conflict of
> > interest for the individual representing an organisation in the NCDNHC,
> > the concerned organisation has the responsability to propose another
> > representative for NCDNHC.
> >
> > In case of Songbird (if member of BC),
> > it is the responsability of Kent to notify the constituency that he is
> > personnally involved in another constituency, and to have someone else
> > from Potter Yachter to participate to NCDNHC, or to loose his voting
> > right, and be in the same situation as Jefsey Morin.
> >
> > No doubt that Kent, who advocates always for transparency and
> > consistency with the charter, will quickly clarify his personnal position.
>
> :-)
>
> As you well know, the charter is a dysfunctional joke -- the NCC has
> ignored it for a year now, despite the many flaws, and basically no one
> pays any attention to it.
-
Among the points which need more fixing is certainly a more appropriate
definition of "organisation". It is a recurring problem for the
constituency to draw the borderline between individual interests (which
may be commercial or non commercial) and organisation concerns. I stated
already several times that this borderline is neither explicit enough,
nor well understood.
-

> To tell you the truth, there are several alternatives I might pursue
> (including making this an interesting test case for both the BC and the
> NCC) and I haven't decided which one to follow.  Neither the BC nor the
> NCC accept individual members, only representatives, and Songbird as a
> business can select whoever it wants as its representative, as can the
> potter yachters.
-
Provided that the proposed representative of Potter Yachter does not
show possible conflict of interest. That was the case for Jefsey. No
concern about Songbird, for which there is no possible intersection with
the NCDNHC.
-
> A major purpose in Songbird's joining the BC was to
> conclusively put to rest the claim that small businesses are excluded,
> and to otherwise exercise the system.  I'm happy to report that the BC
> does accept very small businesses, and that they seem to be quite
> functional.
-
That will help the borderline definition between com and non com
-

> In the meantime, despite the best efforts of you, Vany, and Alejandro,
> the NCC continues its slow and probably terminal decline.
-
I am not so pessimistic
-
> I must say
> that the prospect of not being able to vote for vague and meaningless
> resolutions like the Montevideo results is not causing me many sleepless
> nights.
-
Agree
-

Regards
Dany
-
> Kent
>
> --
> Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
> kent at songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE