[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] Application and Information form for participation in theNCDNHC

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Wed Oct 3 18:22:45 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 08:07:46AM +0200, Dany Vandromme wrote:
> To be consistent with the current charter, and avoid any conflict of
> interest for the individual representing an organisation in the NCDNHC,
> the concerned organisation has the responsability to propose another
> representative for NCDNHC.
>
> In case of Songbird (if member of BC),
> it is the responsability of Kent to notify the constituency that he is
> personnally involved in another constituency, and to have someone else
> from Potter Yachter to participate to NCDNHC, or to loose his voting
> right, and be in the same situation as Jefsey Morin.
>
> No doubt that Kent, who advocates always for transparency and
> consistency with the charter, will quickly clarify his personnal position.

:-)

As you well know, the charter is a dysfunctional joke -- the NCC has
ignored it for a year now, despite the many flaws, and basically no one
pays any attention to it.

To tell you the truth, there are several alternatives I might pursue
(including making this an interesting test case for both the BC and the
NCC) and I haven't decided which one to follow.  Neither the BC nor the
NCC accept individual members, only representatives, and Songbird as a
business can select whoever it wants as its representative, as can the
potter yachters.  A major purpose in Songbird's joining the BC was to
conclusively put to rest the claim that small businesses are excluded,
and to otherwise exercise the system.  I'm happy to report that the BC
does accept very small businesses, and that they seem to be quite
functional.

In the meantime, despite the best efforts of you, Vany, and Alejandro,
the NCC continues its slow and probably terminal decline.  I must say
that the prospect of not being able to vote for vague and meaningless
resolutions like the Montevideo results is not causing me many sleepless
nights.

Kent

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
kent at songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain