[ncdnhc-discuss] Country names under .info

raul at inia.org.uy raul at inia.org.uy
Tue Oct 2 21:12:36 CEST 2001

Dear colleagues:

Could anybody explain me why the country names like uruguay, brasil, mexico and
most of the countries are in the .info database as a registered names if all of
them are in the list of reserved names (as resolved by the ICANN board in
Montevideo)?

Other question is why there are different varieties of some country's names
like Brasil and Brazil and there are not varieties of other country's names in
the list of reserved words ?

Excuse me for my ingnorance, but I'd like to understand it.

Regards,

Raul