[ncdnhc-discuss] Limit email sending....

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Tue Nov 27 18:59:53 CET 2001

Dear Jacques Houngbo and others,

In practical aspect, monitoring posted messages on daily base is almost
impossible. Moreover, monitor should take the burden of warning and taking
punitive sanctions. And also Alejandro's point that to assign single
gatekeeper is not desirable makes sense, and so it could be better taken
by adcom. My suggestion is as follows:

1. Make a rule for moderating mailing list
- limit of two messages per day per poster
- first violation, one warning from adcom
- second violation, two weeks out of the list

2. At monthly level, adcom decides whom should be warned and whom should
be out of list next month and directly warns or request list manager to
take relevant action for the violator. That decision should be depended
only on the principle of "limit of two messages per day per poster". This
could be confirmed objectively from our web archive.

3. List manager stops the posting of the person to be punished for two
weeks in accordance with adcom's request.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr