[ncdnhc-discuss] FYI

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Mon Nov 26 04:15:43 CET 2001

Dear Dave,

Please don't read what I have not written in my message.
My feeling is that you tend to understand everything in your thinking way.

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Dave Crocker wrote:

> An email subscription can be lost for a number of technical reasons.  It
> happens all the time, having nothing to do with the person's intention to
> unsubscribe.
>
> Further, the process of changing from one representative to another means
> that the first representative will unsubscribe.  The rule that you are
> stating is that this will cause the organization's membership to be lost.
>
> While you might believe there are "obvious" ways to prevent accidental loss
> of membership, at the moment those various ways are in people's
> heads.  They are not stated, so no one else can evaluate if they will work
> properly.

For helping your correct understanding, please carefully read again what I
wrote for this explanation in my prior emails. I will clarify it here
again.

1. To unsubscribe from announce list is regarded as expressing withdrawal
from NCDNHC.
2. In that case, the contact point is asked whether it will truly withdraw
from this community because they could not know the 1st item. This is
conducted by another email exchange.
3. If its real intention is confirmed by its answer to the 2nd question as
one confirmation procedure, to cancel withdrawal or to change contact
point or to withdraw from NCDNHC would be decided. In case of cancelling,
subscription is to be restored.
4. For the purpose of mitigating the possible unexpected danger as you
have just described in your very deliberate attitude, the withdrawn member
is maintained on our member list (http://members.icann-ncc.org) with the
record of the withdrawl date so that it could be used for reconfirmation
of withdrawal or for other purposes.

Do you have any other question?

> > > Thank you for acknowledging that we currently do not have a conflict of
> > > interest policy.
> >
> >Yes, simply not clear! So, I am proposing to clarify the policy by
> >revising Charter. Because it is enough clear to me but some others don't
> >think so.
>
> Excellent.  We agree on two things.  In addition to agreeing there is no
> current policy, we agree that it would be good to create a policy.

I am sorry for making your arbitrary interpretation.
Yes, (we have the policy of conflict of interest but it is) simply not
clear! Second point is right, but it is simply clarification rather than
creation.

> Our agreeing on the first point does raise some question about the efforts
> to remove voting priviledges for some members, based on claims of supposed
> conflict of interest.  However we can defer that topic until later, I think.

Therefore, don't misunderstand me!

> > > And please note that such a policy would mean that Milton's own activities
> > > as a UDRP judge would disqualify him from holding an NCDNHC position...
> >
> >That's true. I have never said that the docmented policy could be applied
> >to general members.
>
> Oh?  I am most gratified to hear that.  Others who have been making claims
> about supposed existing conflict of interest problems have been making
> these claims only to people who are NOT officers of the constituency.
> So it appears that we have a third item about which we agree.  This is
> wonderful!

What I mean is that the document doesn't say that, but my argument is that
such policy could apply even to NCDNHC contact points. Yeah, it's really
wonderful if you agree to this!

> >  ICANN's "conflict of interest" document would provide a
> >good framework for our policy.
>
> Oh dear.  This is dangerous.
> I agree on this point, also!

Why do you feel it is dangerous? Conflict of interest is the reason?

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr