[ncdnhc-discuss] FYI

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Sun Nov 25 23:09:32 CET 2001

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 08:05:45AM +0100, Dany Vandromme wrote:
> Kent, good to see Louis in copy! But to make it clear (and short):
> 1) Do not misrepresent the situation: I challenged you from the time I
> knew that you are a voting member of the BC (on behalf of Songbird).
> Same applies for FRAX for the same reason.
>
> 2) This challenge is not related to any exchange you may have with Milton.

I agree.  I perceive a malicious irresponsibility in Milton's behavior
that I do not perceive in yours.  In your case I believe that you are
1) simply mistaken in your understanding of the constraints, and 2)
misguided as to the efficacy and reasonableness of the position you are
advocating.  That is, I don't think it accomplishes what you claim, and
moreover, I don't think it is a reasonable constraint to put on member
organizations.

> 3) This is a contituency problem, not to be arbitrated by ICANN staff.
> The constituency is supposed to self-organize. Let's do it!

So are you advocating that we ignore the bylaws?

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
kent at songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain