[ncdnhc-discuss] Raul will be our Structure representative

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Sun Nov 25 20:40:32 CET 2001

Dear Vany,

I cannot understand why you cannot understand what I mean.
I don't want to repeat this again later.

> The are rules already setted up within the Names Council regarding
> composition of Task Forces, Committess and Working Groups. When I was
> talking about Phillip answer, I wanted to mean
> that since the rules of the specific Task Force on Structure indicates
> that only one per constituency will be allowed
> to participate, then it is logical to think that it won't be allowed two
> representatives from the NCDNHC even in a non-voting status.

It is the comment period for ToR. Therefore, now the suggested ToR could
be changed because it is not a finalized one. According to rules of
procedure for DNSO, any TF should have at least one participant from all
constituencies but it doesn't exclude the possibility of allowing two or
more participants from costituencies in TF. Refer to the marked part of
the sentence.

c) Task Force - a group equally representative of each NC constituency
(typically one from each) and typically charged with forming a
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
recommendation to the NC or implementing an agreed NC action plan.
(http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010711.NCprocedures-v3.0.html)

> I think that actually the NCDNHC hasn't developed yet an official
> position regarding Task Forces, Committess and Working Groups.  If it is
> wanted to develop such positions, I propose that we discuss it in the
> list the proposals that may you
> and Adam have to tell to the NCDNHC members, and vote on them.  After
> such voting, the NCDNHC Names Council members are
> able to expose such motion in the Names Council.
> Do we also place in the agenda discussion about Task Forces, Committees
> and Working Groups?

It could be done if you want to do that. As for me, I think that NCDNHC is
not a poll research center.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr