[ncdnhc-discuss] Raul will be our Structure representative

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Sun Nov 25 08:33:21 CET 2001

Dear Vany and others,

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales wrote:

> The actual ToR of NC TF on Structure (which is now under comments period
> by the members of this TF) you can find them in:
>
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/
>
> I propose that all those NCDNHC members that want to contribute with the
> work of TF on Structure, read the mailing list through the web, which
> is public at http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/  and discuss
> any contribution to be made through NCDNHC discussion list.

Vany, what you are proposing? Regardless of your proposal, it has already
worked in that way.

In reading your writing, I thought one additional comment on the present
ToR of Structure TF. As Adam Peake and some others raised up before, the
present NC Task Force vs. Working Group should be discussed in terms of
"the efficacy of policy making within the DNSO". The present ToR shows up
that the efficacy of policy making should be reviewed only in the possible
new relations among future Supporting Organizations. However, regarding
"the efficacy of policy making within the DNSO", Working Group is much
more important. In last DNSO Review discussions, it had been repeatedly
confirmed. Nevertheless, the present ToR is losing it. Concretely, if WG
could be a indispensable requirement for all SOs for making more bottom-up
consensus, the efficacy of policy making could be achieved.

In my view, the fundamental reason bearing useless time consuming for our
debate on selecting representative in TF of NC is the relatively closed TF
pattern of policy making procedure. In fact, this topic of Structure
should have been discussed in a form of WG rather than TF. In that
respect, Names Council is avoiding WG formation. Therefore, NCDNHC should
argue more open discussion structure rather than repeatedly proposing more
closed pattern of discussion that has already been set up and working
within Names Council.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr