[ncdnhc-discuss] FYI

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Sun Nov 25 08:05:45 CET 2001

Kent Crispin wrote:

> I am cc'ing this to Louis Touton, General Counsel of ICANN, and I am
> asking that he investigate this situation and give us an opinion.  I
> believe that the "policy" that Milton discusses below is basically
> incoherent, pernicious, and, to the extent that it makes any sense,
> explicitly contrary to the ICANN bylaws.  Moreover, Milton's actions in
> this case and in the earlier case involving Dave Crocker and SVPAL look
> very much like personal vendettas that seriously call to question his
> suitability as a representative of the NCC on the Names Council.  That
> the NCC would condone such behavior calls to question its viability as a
> representative of non-commercial interests in ICANN.

-
Kent, good to see Louis in copy! But to make it clear (and short):
1) Do not misrepresent the situation: I challenged you from the time I
knew that you are a voting member of the BC (on behalf of Songbird).
Same applies for FRAX for the same reason.

2) This challenge is not related to any exchange you may have with Milton.

3) This is a contituency problem, not to be arbitrated by ICANN staff.
The constituency is supposed to self-organize. Let's do it!

Dany
Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme at renater.fr |  FRANCE