[ncdnhc-discuss] FYI

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sat Nov 24 08:30:07 CET 2001

At 08:12 AM 11/24/2001 +0100, Dany Vandromme wrote:
>Despite all rethoric to will have time to put on the list, I keep challenging.
>I consider that you cannot be a voting member rep in the BC and also a
>voting member rep in the NCC without experiencing any conflict of
>interest.
>Therefore, for the next vote (most probably for the MdR resolution
>approval), I will ask the AdCom to leave Potter Yachter with a
>non-voting status in the NCDNHC.

Dany,

You appear to believe that you may do whatever you feel like, without
regard for rules.

You cannot point to any constituency rule that permits the decision you
wish to impose, so you ignore the issue.

Let us be clear:

1.  There is no rule that makes such a decision legitimate
2.  The concept of conflict of interest is not what you appear to think it is
3.  The only written rules concerning "conflict of interest" involve
organizations, not people.

This sort of arbitrary -- and, by the way, irrational and unreasonable --
decision is a good way to have this constituency de-listed.

d/