[ncdnhc-discuss] .biz lawsuit stalls

Jim Fleming jfleming at anet.com
Thu Nov 22 21:29:24 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Weinberg" <weinberg at mail.msen.com>
To: "Dave Crocker" <dhc2 at dcrocker.net>
Cc: "NCC Discuss list (E-mail)" <discuss at icann-ncc.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] .biz lawsuit stalls

> At 11:21 AM 11/22/2001 -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
> >At 10:54 AM 10/26/2001 -0400, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
> >>         Actually, neither characterization is correct.  The lawsuit hasn't
> >>stalled, and it certainly hasn't ceased to be meaningful.
> >
> >Jonathan,
> >I was wondering whether a few weeks' reflection might have altered your
> >opinion?
>

>          So far as I know, the status of the .biz lawsuit is as
> follows:  [1] The litigation is proceeding; I don't know the precise
> schedule.  [2] Neulevel is continuing to place all domain names for which
> there were multiple applicants on registry reserve.  That is, Neulevel is
> proceeding *exactly as if the preliminary injunction were still in
> force*.  It sorta has to do this, as a practical matter, because it would
> be in an awkward position if it were to award those names to particular
> applicants, and later on the court issued a final order requiring it to
> pull them back.  As a result, Neulevel isn't really in a position to award
> the names until the case has settled or resolved.  If anyone on this list
> has information about either [1] settlement talks, or [2] the schedule of
> further legal proceedings, I'd be glad to hear it.
>
> Jon

http://www.opensrs.org/archives/discuss-list/0111/0920.html
RE: Domains Issued with Multiple tickets by NueLevel.

Subject: RE: Domains Issued with Multiple tickets by NueLevel.
From: Rick Baraniuk (rbaraniuk at sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 22:40:07 EST

Michael
I sent two messages out today...NeuLevel had originally sent registrars a
list of domains which had been loaded into the DNS...but later in the day
said that some of that info was incorrect and would not provide another list
until the 27th of November 2001 (next week). As a result, please do not
accept anything as the truth until Tucows sends out an email informing
resellers next week. (And I am still not speaking for those names affected
by multiple domain name applications)

Thanks

Rick