[ncdnhc-discuss] Nomination to NC Structure TaskForce

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Nov 22 18:57:20 CET 2001

Just a further clarification.
We elect Names Councillors to serve on the
Names Council. Names Council Task Forces
are part of the Names Council, and in almost all
circumstances will be staffed by
elected Names Council members. In this
particular instance there was an
irreconcilable difference among NC members
and no clear procedure for resolving it.
By taking the issue to the constituency
list and resolving it within Adcom we are
actually expanding accountability far beyond
what all other constituencies do.

It is unfortunate that there are people
on this list who attempt to exploit such
problems to foment division, and who take
advantage of the inherent confusion of a
large mail list to do so. My advice, as
always, is to ignore them.

>>> Jonathan Weinberg <weinberg at mail.msen.com> 11/21/01 10:41 AM >>>

I'm afraid you misunderstood my post.  After Milton
nominated Chun for the NC Structure Task Force, there followed half-a-dozen posts in which Dave Crocker suggested that Milton, in making this nomination, was
overstepping his role as an AdCom member, and he and