[ncdnhc-discuss] Nomination to NC Structure TaskForce

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Nov 16 06:39:01 CET 2001

At 11:30 PM 11/15/2001 -0500, KathrynKL at aol.com wrote:
>The NCC Adcom is much more than an administrative group.

Odd that you would think so, given that the only place in the charter that
describes their role and duties says:

"the Administrative Committee will be responsible for handling the
administrative issues of the Constituency, including the management of fees."

If they are supposed to do "much more", no one bothered to list what that
might be.

>We elect them to help make decisions, and guide our leadership and
>participation....

Again, it would helpful to be pointed to the documentation that assigns
such broad responsibilities and authorities to the Adcom.

It would also be amusing to find out why a group that is "much more than an
administrative group" is called "Administrative Committee".  That is, after
all, what the charter says Adcom stands for.

d/