[ncdnhc-discuss] DNS 101

Jim Fleming jfleming at anet.com
Sat Nov 10 15:11:15 CET 2001

http://www.icann-ncc.org/pipermail/discuss/2001-November/000687.html
Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:41:29 -0800

"Indeed, Karl's statements do sound highly appealing.  Unfortunately they
are entirely without technical credibility."

I have repeatedly cited the detailed analysis about this.  Please read:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-unique-assign-01.txt>
-----

That appears to be based on very old, out-dated, concepts from the
legacy IPv4 Internet which was designed when servers were expensive.
You might want to add some pictures and consider taking a DNS 101 course.
http://www.dot-biz.com/DNS101/index.html

If I recall, your degrees are in psychology, not Computer Science. Also,
correct
me if I am wrong, but your brother Steve Crocker is the Computer Scientist.
Your
brother Steve went to the same high-school as Jon Postel and Vint Cerf, the
political
leader of the ISOC and ICANN. I believe Karl Auerbach also went to that same
high-school. Did they teach DNS 101 there ?

Jim Fleming
Why Gamble on a .BIZ Lottery? Start a Real .BIZ Today !
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
0:212 - BIZ World