[ncdnhc-discuss] About Marketing Practices in .ORG

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Dec 31 01:29:15 CET 2001

Chris,
The draft was submitted simultaneously to
this list and to the TF.

Your tactic of ignoring reality and pretending
that we can go forward with Sponsored,
Unrestricted is untenable. Any advice you
give me based on that premise will be ignored.

We are in a position where we must choose between
a sponsored format that threatens to impose
restrictions on registrants that almost all
members of this constituency find onerous,
or an unsponsored format that may not provide
as much control over registrars as some of us
would like.

That's the choice. As an elected representative
of the constituency my feeling is that U,U
is much preferable, and numerous members have
made it clear they support that decision.

If we get stuck with the Sponsored, Restricted
format, then I will argue that the restrictions
should be imposed on registrars, not registrants.