[ncdnhc-discuss] ccSO

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Fri Dec 21 21:12:54 CET 2001

This is where we (i.e., you and I, ALejandro)
may share common ground.

If the NCDNHC and ccTLDs are "under the same (policy
making) roof" then we must negotiate and enter into
dialogue with each other, at least on GLOBAL issues.
We can then present to the Board a "consensus."

If there is a separate ccSO, then the CCs make their
own policy proposal, the "users" make their own, and
the "suppliers" make another. Who decides which one
to implement? In what forum do these different views
get reconciled?

It can only be a) the Board or b) the ICANN
management.

Does the ICANN Board want to be the ultimate broker
and negotiator of all the compromises and deals
required to get a consensus policy? Probably it is
not up to the task - it is an unpaid, voluntary,
part-time Board.

So that leaves the management/staff.

Is that what we want?

>>> "Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM" <apisan at servidor.unam.mx> 12/20/01 09:44PM >>>
the NCDNHC was formed to enter dialogue with other types of
interests in domain names: registries, registrars, ccTLD administrators,
etc. As long as we are under the same roof we may try to give discussions
a global significance. The NCDNHC - ccTLD relation is more or less on an