[ncdnhc-discuss] ccSO

Raul Echeberria raul at inia.org.uy
Tue Dec 18 17:32:05 CET 2001

Dear friends:

We have to discuss about the proposal to create the ccSO in order to take a
position as a constituency.

Personally, I'm not convinced with this proposal. If we accept the creation
of ccSO, we will have to accept in the future the creation of a new SO for
gTLDs and others based in the same arguments.

I understand that the ccSO are formally under-represented. I say "formally"
because in the fact, there are two ICANN directors who belong to ccTLDs
administrators (Nii and Ivan). I also think that we can improve the
technical advisement to the Board from ccTLDs in the ICANN structure and
surely we can improve the policy-making process. But I'm not convinced that
the creation of the ccSO would be the best option to achieve those objectives.

I'd like to hear (or read) other opinions. This discussion will take place
in the Structure Task Force and is very important to have a position in the
NCC.

Regards,

Raul