[ncdnhc-discuss] ORG policy - discussion with Touton

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 11 02:45:55 CET 2001

Dear Milton,
Louis may say what he wants and you may try to cut his hairs in four, you
will never change the fact that a TLD is a flag. This is the way we set-it
up, this is the way the registries understand it, this is the way the
registrants want it. This is the way the Govs protect it.

Please forget about Louis for now. Respond your questions the way you want.
IMHO no one really cares: people only want to continue having .org working
and that their users accept to remember their DN reasonably because they
are an organization of some kind. Yourself you only want to get .org able
to sponsor the NonCom. Good.

Once you have secured your responses, find one or two candidates to operate
.org. Build a good file with them. Then if you have some spare time be nice
with Louis' and try to pretend matching is wording.

Think to his familly. Louis' only pay check is to enforce two TLD black and
white classes no one wants. And you come and show him TLDs are gray. And
you start discussing shades. You kill the man: he will never be able to
sell a black or a white TLD after that. Out of dispair Mike Roberts is even
trying to sell the BC the idea of firing businesses out of .org.

Jefsey