Fwd: Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends votingrestrictions,fewerAt-Large directors

Barbara Simons simons at acm.org
Fri Aug 31 04:14:21 CEST 2001

Dear Alejandro,

What do you mean that I "cling to the sexism track"?
What track?  How do I cling?  When have I been
talking about a sexism track?

I never used the word "sexism".  I simply said that Kent's
posting was insulting, and I pointed out that in addition to
the obvious insult of referring to my statement as thoughtless,
there was the additional insult, which tends to be aimed at
women, of referring to my "emotional reactions".

But if you want to say that calling someone emotional is
simply an insult aimed at men as well as women (how
would you feel if I had accused you of being emotional
when you referred to a sexism track?), I'll accept that.

I also never said that I would not, or even that I have not,
read the reasoning of the ALSC.  What I said (I like to be
precise about these things) is "I couldn't care less about their
reasoning".   The point I was making is that what matters is
their conclusions.  Surely, that is a point with which you can
agree.

Regards,
Barbara