Fwd: Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends votingrestrictions,fewerAt-Large directors

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Fri Aug 31 02:55:01 CEST 2001

Dear Barbara, and all,

Barbara, your statement that you would not read the reasoning of the ALSC
is IMO very unfortunate. A measure of the civility of this list is that
everybody else here keeps reading your reasoning.

It is also very unfortunate that you cling to the sexism track of which
there is really no trace in this discussion.

I disagree with your characterization of Kent's postings, both in content
and intent. We have done wrong repeatedly in ignoring his and Dave
Crocker's objective content, however angry some may be at their tone. I
would venture that all of us have been very discontent at some time by the
tone of someone's postings. Let's be better sports about this.

A cooler mind will let us come to terms with the thinking of the ALSC
which for example George Sadowsky has now also approached. And thus, we
will be again working on substance - whatever the form.

Also may I insist that we look at the agenda for Montevideo, both for the
Board meetings and the Names Council which has now been posted (I will
forward it soon if no-one else beats me to it).

Barbara, I do hope that the personal troublesome situations you mention
are kind on you and are over soon.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-5) 622-8713, 622-8633 Fax 550-8405

http://www.cuaed.unam.mx
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isocmex.org.mx, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org