[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends voting restrictions,fewerAt-Large di rectors

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Thu Aug 30 00:59:18 CEST 2001

Milton,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Milton Mueller wrote:

> Good questions, all. See below.

> >2. would you proclaim dead the present stage of discussion about .org,
> >or do you as NC member, or our other reps and AdCom members,
> >propose to move it on somehow?
>
> Dead? Are you joking?

No, and your reply shows why. You have declared a stop to the discussion
within the NCDNHC which (I know you hate to read this) had arrived both at
consensus positions and still had strong divisions in some points.

ORG divestiture is now in a Names Council Task
> Force (TF), chaired by me. The constituency has indicated where it
> stands on that issue; when the TF does something I will pass it
> to the constituency for comment. Expect a public comment period
> on the issues after Montevideo.

Thanks for this piece of information for the whole constituency.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-5) 622-8713, 622-8633 Fax 550-8405

http://www.cuaed.unam.mx
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isocmex.org.mx, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org