[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends voting restrictions,fewerAt-Large di rectors

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Aug 29 21:40:58 CEST 2001

Good questions, all. See below.

>>> "Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM"

>1. what is the next step *as a constituency of the DNSO* re the ALSC
>Draft Report, if any? (none is actually required).

We will meet with the ALSC members in Montevideo and
discuss the report. Perhaps we can begin to formulate a position
which can be circulated later.

>2. would you proclaim dead the present stage of discussion about .org,
>or do you as NC member, or our other reps and AdCom members,
>propose to move it on somehow?

Dead? Are you joking? ORG divestiture is now in a Names Council Task
Force (TF), chaired by me. The constituency has indicated where it
stands on that issue; when the TF does something I will pass it
to the constituency for comment. Expect a public comment period
on the issues after Montevideo.

>3. what is the agenda for Montevideo?

I've submitted a specific proposal to Adcom, and it is
being discussed. I realize we're late.