[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends voting restrictions,fewerAt-Large di rectors

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Aug 29 18:35:02 CEST 2001

>>> "Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM"
>As a final note, may I remark that I hope the constituency, which has
>been reduced to a third by the magic wand of changing the list to a new
>server,

Alejandro:
You are wrong. No members have been lost in the transition.
Indeed, we have added nearly 10 members over the period.

What has happened is that we have given members
a choice: they no longer HAVE to be on the discuss list in order
to be members. All members must be on "announce."

We separated the announce list from the discuss list precisely
because many members indicated that they had no interest in
reading the tendentious provocations of David Crocker or constant
debates between myself and Kent Crispin, but they are still
very interested in being members.

The NCDNHC remains the most vigorously open and has
the largest membership and most active and international
participation of any constituency with the possible exception
of the ccTLDs.