[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends voting restrictions, fewer At-Large di rectors

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Aug 29 01:28:54 CEST 2001

Sorry, but no.

In reality, the consensus you refer to is from only one part of the community.

It is worth noting that that one part tends to worry more about making
ICANN a fishbowl, or otherwise treating it as an academic/idealistic
exercise in a sophomoric version of pseudo-democracy, than about getting
any real work done, or even keeping the DNS viable.

If folks want to consider matters seriously, then they need to consider
them in a balanced fashion.

Balance does NOT mean that you give over one-half of the board to a single
constituency.  (Never mind that it is a constituency that it behaves more
like an ICANN adversary than an integral, constructive participant.)

d/