[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends voting restrictions,fewer At-Large di rectors

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Aug 29 08:58:48 CEST 2001

Barbara,

At 10:37 PM 8/28/2001, Barbara Simons wrote:
>We have seen in US politics how genuine special interests,
>such as the oil industry, refer to other groups, such as those
>that are trying to protect the environment, as "special interests",

We have also seen fanatics make constructive dialogue impossible.

>Dave, I know you are far too honorable a man to attempt
>to use such a tactic when discussing ICANN.

And I am sure you are far too honorable a person to engage in slander by
innuendo.

>Surely, you would not suggest that the public is a special interest

you keep ignoring my repeated reference to the need for balanced
considerations.  why is that?

>, nor would you argue that the at-large does not represents the public.

sure I would.  it does not even come close, as Kent's numbers demonstrate
rather clearly.

Quoting the inflated numbers that were generated by some governmental hype,
among a few countries, is a nice way of ignoring their far more significant
lack of CONTINUED involvement.

>Finally, I am a bit mystified as to where you have gotten the
>idea that I am anti-business,

Gosh, I don't know, Barbara.  Perhaps it comes from your constantly
strident demonization of any and all activities related to business
involvement in ICANN.

But, then, I am sure you are far too honorable a person to deny that that
is what you have been doing.

d/