[ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN committee recommends voting restrictions,fewer At-Large di rectors

Barbara Simons simons at acm.org
Wed Aug 29 02:42:51 CEST 2001

The public is NOT another special interest group!

To clarify what I said in my earlier posting (sorry for
the extra email), if the public is relegated to a minority
position on the Board, it will in essence be disenfranchised.

ICANN has several powerful well funded special interests;
they will hold the vast majority of the Board seats - enough
to guarantee that even more repressive bylaw changes can pass ...
and the public be damned.  Yes, Dave, it is the real world
of decision making - where money and power are all that matter.

Whenever someone makes a posting saying that the at-large
should negotiate with other groups, repeat over and over again:

The public is NOT another special interest group!!!

Barbara