[Ncuc-af] NCSG and NCUC elections

Akinremi Peter Taiwo compsoftnet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 18:30:14 CEST 2018

Thanks Thato for raising the need for more involvement of Africans in NCSG
and NCUC. The same point was raised by Arsene weeks ago and Rafik clearly
suggested a strategy that could help us achieved a more desirable outcome.
In addition with Rafik suggestion, I would also like to suggest that we
need to put on the hat of nominate ourselves for strategically positioning.
While we are actively participating, Rafik, Poncelet, Farell, Anriette,
Arsene among others should use their influence to nominate African
colleagues . This would clearly shows that there is potential African
candidates on the list.

Regards.
Peter

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 4:05 PM, Thato Mfikwe <thatomfikwe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi members,
>
> I just wanted to highlight something that maybe some of you might have
> been thinking about.
>
> As you might have received notices about elections and nominations taking
> place, I think it would be fruitful to think about how the region gains
> representation in the coming elections of NCSG and NCUC.
>
> It would not cause harm to have candidated standing for leadership at C or
> SG level and the African seat can also be discussed before contentions
> start and nomination periods close. Supporting 2 or 3 candidates at most
> would be a good start.
>
> Our passive approach will always give us a back seat with our voices not
> well represented, unless we collectively take a firm approach to agree or
> disagree on who we should rally behind or push ahead.
>
> It would also be wise to know who will be the volunteers or candidates so
> that we can support them, any thoughts?
>
> If members are not confident enough to stand,it means that we need to
> strengthen capacity building initiatives focusing on under-serviced regions
> in order to encourage meaningfull participation in ICANN PDP and related
> activities.
>
> Apologies that I might not finish this communication threat, just trying
> to spark communication and collaboration with and among fellow members,
> thanks.
>

> Thato Mfikwe.

*Akinremi Peter Taiwo*
[ West Africa Coordinator ]
African Civil Society on Information Society (*ACSIS*)
*Website: *www.acsis-scasi.org

*Chief E*xecutive Consultant.
[ Compsoftnet Enterprise ]
www.compsoftnet.com.ng
Nigeria

*T*echnical Consultant
[ RetailPoint ]
Lagos
Website: www.retailpos.com.ng

*Phone:* +2347-0638-30177, +2348-1874-76292
*twitter:* @compsoftnet
*Skype:* akinremi.peter