[Ncuc-af] NCSG and NCUC elections

Thato Mfikwe thatomfikwe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:05:18 CEST 2018

Hi members,

I just wanted to highlight something that maybe some of you might have been
thinking about.

As you might have received notices about elections and nominations taking
place, I think it would be fruitful to think about how the region gains
representation in the coming elections of NCSG and NCUC.

It would not cause harm to have candidated standing for leadership at C or
SG level and the African seat can also be discussed before contentions
start and nomination periods close. Supporting 2 or 3 candidates at most
would be a good start.

Our passive approach will always give us a back seat with our voices not
well represented, unless we collectively take a firm approach to agree or
disagree on who we should rally behind or push ahead.

It would also be wise to know who will be the volunteers or candidates so
that we can support them, any thoughts?

If members are not confident enough to stand,it means that we need to
strengthen capacity building initiatives focusing on under-serviced regions
in order to encourage meaningfull participation in ICANN PDP and related
activities.

Apologies that I might not finish this communication threat, just trying to
spark communication and collaboration with and among fellow members, thanks.

Thato Mfikwe.