[Ncuc-af] Upcoming NCSG elections

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:11:37 CEST 2018

Thanks Arsene for bringing this up again.

1. We can also look around and shop for potentials and encourage them.

2. So I encourage us to look inwards, some candidates may be shy to come
out or even selfnominate looking first at the criteria for NCSG including
your humble self.

3. What does NCSG charter say on criteria for EC Membership.

See: Non-‐Commercial Stakeholder Group Charter – v5May 2011 - gNSO - icann
PDFhttps://gnso.icann.org › improvements

4. There is also something I noticed from other regions which is worth
sharing - informal mentorship via engagement and potential in committees
and work groups way ahead of any election.

5. Maybe we start with providing information on Africans in NCSG of date. I
know of Poncellet from NPOC and Farrell from Ncuc both as appointees not
elected. It's unclear which region Rafik is rep. In some instances he
represents Africa and at another Asia Pacific where he lives. I stand for
more education.

6. Both Farrell and Poncellet should be asked to go for electives since
they have been there.

7. While Peter Akinremi and Yaszid, have been active in Ncuc policy and
should be encouraged and supported to replace the two appointees after
election. IMO.

A journey of 1000 starts with a step.