[Ncuc-af] Upcoming NCSG elections

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:54:32 CEST 2018

Dear Africa colleagues,

As you know, based on the timeline that i pasted bellow, the nomination period begings on July 18th and we need candidates from Africa to run for these elections.

I remember we discussed the need to somehow strategize before nominations to the NCSG list so we can attempt to have agreed-upon candidates from our Africa list before they can go public. This is not an easy task but let’s try it this time.

We need a new NCSG Chair and 3 councilors (only one is term ended, two are still eligible for another term). We have good profiles here in Africa and i would encourage you to step forward here in this thread by telling us which position you are interested in.

I hope we can do this and agree on few names that we will support. And if you have any question, i am happy to help or look for clarification from experienced members.

Regards,
Arsene

NCSG elections timeline:

Jul 06               check in begins
Jul 18               nomination period begins
Aug  01            nomination period ends
Aug  02            deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement
Aug  03            voter roll finalized, check-in ends
Aug 06             meet the candidates
Aug  07            voting begins
Aug  20             voting ends
Aug  21            results announced

Positions:

Chair:
Farzaneh Badii - current NCSG Chair (till AGM 2018) -  eligible for another term

GNSO COUNCILORS:
Rafik Dammak - Asia Pacific (AGM 2018) - eligible for another term
Stephanie Perrin – North America (AGM 2018) – term-limited
Martin Silva Valent – Latin America and the Caribbean (AGM 2018) - eligible for another term

Arsène Tungali,
about.me/ArseneTungali
+243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0