[Ncuc-af] Endorsemnt for Elections

Farell Folly farellfolly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 01:14:12 CEST 2017

Dear All,

How are you doing ? Elections will be held soon and nomination period is
already open, so I think it could be good that we share a common vision or
talk with the same voice. Firstly,  Africa members should try to have at
most 1 or two candidates to maximize his/her chance to be elected and we
should all stand behind.

For this election period, I personaly think it would be wise to let Ines
stand for the second sun of her term, however; having Yolanda as an
alternate solution is also a good choice. Changing Ines just right may let
people from other continent think that we have disagreement on how she has
been working so far or we are very united.

For the NCUC chair position, I don't know whether somebody within our
communty is intending to apply for, otherwise I would like to suggest that
we support Renata since she is very sensible to Internet issues in Africa
and for south to south collaboration it would be a good thing to have her
by our side, at least by now. Therefore, I encourage us to endorse Ines fo
her second run (if she still wants to) while Yolanda is a good sucessor,
and Renata for the position of NCUC chair. It is only a suggestion, anyone
can come with another vision but don't get me wrong: the purpose of my
e-mail is to suggest we talk with the same voice as much as possible.
--
Regards
@__f_f__