[NCUC Outreach] Ombudsman update

Olga Korotkova korotkova_olg at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 20:14:41 CET 2013

Hi all,

my sincerely apologies for inconvenience, I need to quite from the organisation. Could you please unsubscribe me from the mailinglists?

Warmest regards,

Olga Korotkova

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:46:56 +0100
From: maria.farrell at GMAIL.COM
Subject: Ombudsman update
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU

Hi all & apologies, am travelling at the moment and only sporadically on email. Some difficulties replying to the original thread re should ncsg file an ombudsman complaint, so here is my answer to Alain's question in that thread:
Short answer re my ombudsman complaint: it was about openness and accessibility of the tmch meetings and deliberative process, and specifically not on substance if decision making or whether it violated policy making.
Ie there is room for another complaint on those issues.
Status of my complaint is that I had meeting with fadi and the ombudsman in l.a. In January. F acknowledged the issues I raised both at that meeting and publicly to the ncph meeting that week. He invited me to develop guidelines for the openness of Icann meetings, which I'm doing, albeit slowly, with staff(Denise michel). Plan is to publish & consult in these.
So my ombudsman complaint has run its course.
Fwiw I found the process effective for what was basically a process-based complaint.
All the best, Maria

Sent from my iPhone