[NCUC E-team] SSL

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Aug 1 15:30:37 CEST 2017

Hi Brenden,

Like just about all registrars and their resellers, Gandi offers
certificates of various kinds, but they cost money (admittedly little)
and perhaps more important, require manual intervention to renew.

Mainly for the latter reason I would suggest at least starting with
letsencrypt.org. Its automatic update system works quite well nowadays
and does not require any special support from Gandi - it's basically
just a program that needs to be installed, once, and set up to run
automatically to renew the certificate as needed.

If you want to set it up, I'll be happy to help.

Tapani