[NCUC E-team] Email Issues - Follow-up

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Apr 13 13:28:51 CEST 2016

Hi James,

First, thank you for contacting M$ and getting the blacklisting removed!

On Apr 13 10:23, Gannon, James-1 (james-1.gannon at novartis.com) wrote:

> Hey can whomever has the requisite details

Hmm, who would that be... ncuc website tells e-team coordinator
is Stefania Milan...

> sigh up to the following services to try and increase our IP reputation within the outlook/MS ecosystem:
>
> JMRS:
> https://postmaster.live.com/snds/JMRP.aspx
>
> SNDS:
> https://postmaster.live.com/snds/

That would be a good idea.

> Our IP reputation is pretty low due to shared hosting spam
> unfortunately (Have we considered migrating to a dedicated host?),
> and also I was told that we are sending mails to addresses at
> MS/Outlook/Hotmail that are bouncing constantly due to mailbox
> limits and no longer existing accounts, this lowers our reputation
> based on their internal algorithms also.

Nonexistent addresses should be pruned away from the list.
As for mailbox limits, there's little we can do, apart from
configuring Mailman to drop such sooner - which would have
negative consequences as well.