[NCUC E-team] Members without good email

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Nov 7 15:52:49 CET 2014

On Nov 07 15:38, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> >> If someone rotates out of being an org’s rep I guess it’s not
> >> problematic for them to be individual members, but they most
> >> certainly shouldn’t be getting two ballots. Please tell me they
> >> haven’t!
> >
> > Of course they have, and that has also been extensively
> > discussed last year: there's nothing in the charter
> > that'd allow depriving them of either ballot.
> > (Ditto for NCSG, btw.)
>
> Sorry, I’m spread a bit thin at the moment and don’t recall the
> conversation about this last year, but as you do great.

See, e.g.,

http://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/e-team/2013-March/000283.html

> > On Nov 7, 2014, at 2:55 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:
> >
> > Well, it has to be enforced as long as we use ICANN's voting software,
> > which does enforce it (which is also the reason I put the restriction
> > in NCUC member database as well).

> So then it’s not really an issue other than that our member count is
> inflated by three individuals…?

Not even that, at least I think they *should* be counted twice:
organization's membership is independent of who its representative is
and should counted independently of that, no?

The only problem I see is technical, how to get ballots to them
when the software requires distinct email addresses.