[NCUC E-team] Question

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Nov 6 16:23:10 CET 2014

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 03:54:33PM +0100, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> I understand your point here Tapani. Personally, I am a bit
> uncomfortable taking it upon ourselves to remove someone who made a
> decision to join once upon a time, even if they’ve gone
> incommunicado.

My immediate concern here is only if and how we should keep
the history of verifications in the database (or elsewhere),
so that at some distant future date it can be taken into
account if so desired.

For example, it might be decided to make an extra outreach
effort for people who've been out of touch for X years
or whatever. As you said:

> That said, it would be good to at least have an updated status
> report on the size and composition of perennially out of touch
> contingent so we know what what we’re dealing and can ponder.

It might also be useful just how perennially out of touch they are:
did they just miss one round of confirmations or have last been heard
of ten years ago.