[NCUC E-team] Question

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:54:33 CET 2014

Hi

I understand your point here Tapani.  Personally, I am a bit uncomfortable taking it upon ourselves to remove someone who made a decision to join once upon a time, even if they’ve gone incommunicado.  People could for ex still support NCUC’s existence and objectives enough to lend their name without wanting to be involved, or they could just be really hard core on privacy etc.  Moreover, it’s not unusual to let people linger; if the IGC or Best Bits or a lot of other CS coalitions were to remove the out of touch, their nominal sizes would probably shrink quite a bit as well.  It’s not clear to me what the advantage of that would be, other than perhaps saving on a little once a year admin, and making the percentage ‘turn-out’ in an election look a little better.

That said, it would be good to at least have an updated status report on the size and composition of perennially out of touch contingent so we know what what we’re dealing and can ponder.  Maryam, perhaps after we get past the election you could do a little follow up during your weekly NCUC time allocation to let us know where it stands then?

Thanks

Bill