[NCUC E-team] Elections

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:03:04 CET 2014

> On Nov 3, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:
>
> We could simply flag them here:
>
> http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/

hmmm…but then that would show the world how many members are unconfirmed, rather than just showing members.  Given that the transcript shows that a good chunk of NPOC’s Constituency Day meeting in LA was devoted to ragging on NCUC, complete with assertions that our member numbers are supposedly inflated (because some people don’t respond to pings or vote, I guess this means they don’t exist or support NCUC’s work), and that some people from industry constituencies etc. with whom we’ve not always enjoyed perfect relations also look at our stuff (which unlike theirs is transparent), this doesn’t seem ideal.

Would it be possible to put it on a protected bit of the site and allow members to create a log in and look?

If that’s too much hassle, perhaps we could just tag them on http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ballots/ and have Maryam do a couple email pings?

> What kind of tag would be suitable?
> Add a 4th column that's blank for confirmed members and
> says "unconfirmed email" for the unverified ones?
>
> Should we also send a confirmation request email?

You mean in addition to what I’ve said on the list, i.e. a bilateral to all?

BD