[NCUC E-team] To Do -list

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Fri Mar 8 18:40:13 CET 2013

Thanks Tapani for the big push to get this started!

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 6:39 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
> wrote:

> Here's a short-term todo-list for the vps (volunteers wanted):
>
> * Customizing Wordpress appearance

I'm happy to help on this.  Sarah and I have had some off list
conversations about how to implement the mockup she provided.

> * Selecting tool (wp plugin, maybe CiviCRM) for member pages
>   and migrating them over from Ning

I can evaluate the basic membership plugins I mentioned previously.  It
would be nice to have folks involved with Inreach/Outreach, Membership
first evaluate CiviCRM to see if it meets their needs.

> * Copying other relevant stuff from Ning

Since I've archived much of this locally, I can help with this.

> * Moving mailman lists over (I'll do this soonish)
>
> * Creating ncuc-discuss list (technically the list already exists,
>   it's only getting members' addresses and subscribing them
>   that's pending)
>
> * Setting up SSL (I can do this easily but better wait until we can
>   move the main domain name ncuc.org from ning, unless we want to buy
>   several certificates)
>
> * Setting up etherpad (I already installed it, but haven't yet decided
>   on authentication scheme - might use some wordpress plugin)

This works for now. I'm still keen to explore using digress.it plugin for
wordpress as a collaboration platform for developing comments.  An example
of digress.it being used to facilitate public comments is here:
http://regulationroom.org/mortgage-protection/issue-posts/servicing/
(although there is much more going on behind-the-scenes
organizationally,
which NCUC might not be suited to accomplish)