[NCUC E-team] Update on NCUC website redesign

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Mar 7 12:07:18 CET 2013

Hi Sarah

Sorry to be slow, just saw this. Thanks for moving us forward, much appreciated.

On Feb 28, 2013, at 5:45 PM, Sarah Clayton <sarahliannec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have just spoken to Brenden about the website redesign.
>
> Mock-up homepage style guide:
> •	NCUC logo - Caviar Dreams - http://www.dafont.com/caviar-dreams.font
> •	main text - font size 14, verdana, black
> •	menu text (home, about etc) - font size 16, line under menu text -
> colour #888888
> •	search - font size 14, colour #555544
> •	members login' - font size 12, black
> •	blue text - colour #5555bb (size 14, verdana)
> •	Blue links – I was thinking the hover could be a darker blue – not
> specified yet
> •	light grey dividing lines - colour #dddddd
> •	background - colour #eeeeee
> •	top - colour #fefefe (or any colour just off white)

Not being a web designer I can't comment until I see it

> In the header, we thought we could perhaps change ‘Blog’ to ‘News’ and
> ‘Contact’ to ‘Join’.
>
> We also discussed a drop down menu from ‘Resources’, including the pages:
> •	Governance – with links from here to – Charter, Officers and Members

Personally I'd rather not bury that information more levels down.  But I suppose it'd make sense to talk about the menus globally...

> •	Meetings
> •	Statements
> •	Discussion
> •	Photos
> •	Videos
>
> We are satisfied the new logo will fit into a square for our social
> media presence. Is everybody happy with the new logo? (see attached)

It's nice.  Were there alternatives you, Brenden, whomever else are considering?

> I will start designing some new banner ideas for the rotating banner.
> Does anybody have any further image/branding suggestions before I
> embark on design?
>
> I will also start designing further webpages for comment.
>
> Does anybody have any further suggestions regarding anything that I am doing?

Bit of a parallel processing challenge as E-T volunteers are also working on VPS, listservs, etc., but it'd be good if we could have some sort of dialogue to help Sarah along and maybe have a state of play/options to show on Constituency Day in Beijing.  Are any of the more tech literate (than I) folks here able to help?

Bill