[NCUC E-team] Wordpress logins & roles

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Jul 8 14:28:50 CEST 2013

All,

Opinions, what kind of login names are we going to use?

Two basic options: full names ("Tapani Tarvainen") or
nicknames ("tapani").

Suggestion: let's use full names for "regular" use,
as in writing blog entries &c, and nicknames for
admin accounts at least for people who want to
keep the roles separate, like me. I don't know
if we need to force it though, so if some of you
prefer to use same login for both, it'd be
full name (e.g., "Brenden Kuerbis" is now such).

We'd also need to work out who we'll use WP roles
(administrator, editor, author, contributor, subscriber), cf.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

I've now set my "regular" login ("Tapani Tarvainen")
as Author to see how it works.
Editor should be enough for people dealing with
site content only (allows editing other people's posts).

And we'll need to start writing new blog entries to the
site soon (should've started already actually).
Quick entries about the Durban events might do
for a start (especially for the African school
and reception, of which there's very little now).

Anyway, anybody who wants a login, just let me know
(Wilson and Brenden can also add new logins).
Tell also which login name and role you want
(if you want to be admin, I've got some tasks
that need doing...)