[NCUC E-team] Menu Visibility Control plugin

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Jul 2 14:23:15 CEST 2013

>From EC list. As a technical detail, the plugin is called
"Menu Item Visibility Control" and the way to tag menu items
is by clicking "visibility" and writing in the box

is_user_logged_in()

It is also possible to be more selective, e.g., show some
pages only for people with editing privileges &c;
for details see

https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/

On Jul 02 14:40, Tapani Tarvainen (ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info) wrote:

> On Jul 02 12:57, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> > a.     New website update
> >
> > Would it be possible on CD to display both the new live version
> > (with just extant content transferred) AND a version showing the
> > pages we've discussed adding, so we can encourage people to
> > collaborate on the missing texts?
>
> Hmm. This needs a bit of thought. I'll try a few things to
> see how hard it would be.

One trivial solution: show the "under construction" pages
only to people logged in on the site.

Enough for demo purposes and we can give logins to whomever we want
(with or without editing privileges).

And it is trivial in the sense that I already implemented it
(installed a plugin and tagged the empty pages as "for logged-in
users only").