[NCUC E-team] VPS

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Jan 30 20:21:12 CET 2013

On Jan 30 22:07, Wilson Abigaba (wilson at isoc.ug) wrote:

> I think we should write some form of (a short)  formal document to
> them (the Executive committee, then they can pass it on the finance
> committee). It can be like the e-teams report and recommendations. I
> am think a 2 page, with sections like Background, problems at hand,
> analysis, work/discussions done so far, recommendations etc should
> suffice. This can include justification why we need a VPS, the tools
> we want to install etc,

Sounds good - indeed above and beyond what I'd think is needed,
given the small amount of money involved.
And we don't even know all tools we want to install, the purpose
at this point is to have something to experiment with.

> I can start on this on my way home this weekend if that isn't too
> late.

Fine by me, one more week won't make much difference.

But perhaps we might ask opinion from the Finance team what kind
and how detailed proposal they want for this kind of purchase
before spending much time on writing it?