[NCUC E-team] Announcement lists

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Jan 23 09:10:49 CET 2013

We've discussed and disagreed previously, my 2 cents remains that the number of announcements would remain low so why create more lists.  Some of us are not bothered by having many subs, but enough others seem to feel to the contrary it's not worth it for the trickle that would ensue.  I also don't see a need for send only.  Frankly, anything we might send on an announce list we'll probably end up sending to the members listanyway so people can comment etc.

If I'm a minority of 1 and y'all really think this is needed, could you please 1) give me some examples of who would be sending what kinds of messages that couldn't just as easily or better go to a members list, so I know what to expect; and 2) make such a list voluntary opt in so we don't freak out less interested or willing members.

Bill