[NCUC E-team] VPS

Wilson Abigaba wilson at isoc.ug
Tue Jan 22 21:32:32 CET 2013

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013, Avri Doria wrote:

> On 22 Jan 2013, at 11:16, Edward Morris wrote:
>
> > I totally disagree with this approach.
> >

> If we are going the proper design and implement route, I suggest we look
> at Django framework as the basic tool.

I wouldn't go for django for our web platform. Yes, the framework is solid
but it's not widely adopted by web developers and hence they are a few
contributors and ready modules.

I wouldn't want to spend a few hours creating a social media plugin or RSS
feed yet in wordpress/drupal they are plug and play.

> Also are we scheduling on waterfall model or sequential model for this
> project.  Who is going to own the engineering schedule for the effort?

If we adopt it, I will be happy to lead this (as I have python and web
development experience) but I hope we don't.

Kind Regards,
Wilson