[NCUC E-team] members list

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Jan 22 21:08:24 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:08:19PM -0500, Brenden Kuerbis (bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org) wrote:

> > (2) what's the cutoff point for copying archives, and
> >

> IMO, if we can put all the archives in one place, all the better.

Yes. Otherwise they're in danger of getting lost, or at least
becoming hard to find.

> For now:
>
> https://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A0=NCSG-DISCUSS

Yes. I've downloaded that up to last Friday. I was planning to
download the messages since then up to the time we launch the
new list, that's what I meant by the cutoff point.

Also, I could use that as if it were the archive of the new list, to
provide continuity, just as if the old list had been renamed, as Bill
suggested earlier. Alternatively it could be made a separate archive.
It could even be made "live", keeping it automatically updated as a
mirror of the archive at Syracuse.

> Older discussion should be available here:
>
> http://ncuc.syr.edu/

Actually they are not, all the archive links are broken.
But at least the ncuc-discuss list from 2001-2003, which
seems most relevant here, I was able to dig out of archive.org.

> And I imagine there is earlier discussion somewhere on the web.
> Milton, Kathy would be some help here.

If any such are found, archiving them on our own server
sounds like a good idea, too.