[NCUC E-team] members list

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Jan 22 13:43:16 CET 2013

On Jan 22 13:06, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

[...]
> If so, it'd be really great to make [platform recommendation] a priority.
>
> So too the general ncuc members list, which makes NPOC very happy.

That's easy as technology has been decided (has to be Mailman,
if only because Milton promised so in 2003) and readily available.

I can create the members list in a matter of minutes, once I know
(1) what'll be the name (address) of the list (and whether
    we'll be creating a separate announcement list),
(2) what's the cutoff point for copying archives, and
(3) how the subscription is handled (shall we just force-subscribe
    all members or what, and if so, who has their addresses - Brenden?).

Also, if we want a custom welcome message, someone should write it.