[NCUC E-team] Hosting NCUC Archives

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sat Feb 23 14:29:47 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:01:18AM +0300, Wilson Abigaba (wilson at isoc.ug) wrote:

> Dear Tapani,
>
> Could you please help and host the old ncuc archives at
> http://mailman.ctyme.com/pipermail/ec-ncuc/ (and others, if any) on
> lists.ncuc.org until we get the permanent server?

As people on the EC list have noticed, I just did that.
I decided not to send out more warnings as it should Just Work(tm),
especially with the forwarding from old list in place.
I haven't yet asked Robin to kill of the old list though,
I don't see any great harm in leaving it in place for now.

For the technically curious, moving the archives was a bit
messy because I didn't get the raw archive but had to work
with Mailman-munged stuff. Lazy that I am, I didn't bother
to re-attach attachments but simply changed the links, so if
you look at old messages you'll notice attachment links
pointing to .../ec-ncuc/... instead of .../ncuc-ec/...

But, that's one action item done.
The discuss list will take a few days until we get
members' addresses sorted out.