[NCUC E-team] VPS Purchase

Wilson Abigaba wilson at isoc.ug
Tue Feb 19 08:25:37 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Tapani Tarvainen
<ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:
>> New listservs (the EC can presumably at this point be declared to
>> have consensus on proposals from here),
>
> If the EC has reached a consensus on the discuss/members/poop
> list name, I don't know what it is, but I'll happily accept
> whatever you declare. :-)

As much as I preferred ncuc-members, I haven't been vocal in this as I
didn't think this needed extensive discussion. I have however noticed
that the ICANN norm appears to be -discuss. take an example..

afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
apac-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
euro-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
lac-discuss-en at atlarge-lists.icann.org
na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org
ncsg-discuss at listserver.syr.edu
ncuc-discuss [the old one]

so why don't just follow along? I don't think this will create any
confusion, but in case it does, we should be able to quick correct the
confused members. In any case, i think if -discuss causes some
confusion, so will -members  or any ncuc-* at least for a few folks.

Regarding the list creation, I think we can create it this weekend
(hopefully) after the much anticipated migration to our VPS. Apart
from reducing work for Tapani, it would avoid that email announcing
the new new list address and advising users to update their filters.
So..does that buy more time to again discuss the list name? :)

Regards,
Wilson