[NCUC E-team] Fwd: Confluence for NCUC

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Wed Apr 10 03:59:32 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Tapani Tarvainen
<ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:
> Yes, we need to think a bit about how we'll use the various
> web locations with NCUC stuff. One solution would indeed be
> making all but one just pointers to the real stuff,
> but if we either need to consider confluence official in
> some sense and thus must have some real content there,
> like the member list or whatever it could be dynamically
> generated from our own server,

I agree with this approach.

> or if it offers something we'd be better of using
> instead of duplicating it, we could use it as well.

I don't think it does at this time.

> I'm not clear as to why we'd need Ken's help here, though:
> don't we have enough privileges in confluence or what?

Agree. We can do all this. What I have witnessed is that Ken's
efforts, while well intentioned, have really caused confusion because
content, URLs keep changing.  We really need to be in control of
changes to content.

> As for the gnso.icann.org, it might make sense to keep it looking like
> it is now, with mission statement, EC info and pointers to our own
> website, but generate the content dynamically (I expect we'll want to
> put our mission statement and EC members data on our own server as well).

I agree with this approach.

> Btw, the gnso page still points to ncsg-discuss as ncuc's mailing list,
> we should to change that. Who has editing privileges there?

You need to contact Glen St. de Gery at glen at icann.org to have that
change made (you can cc me).

-- B